Sunday, January 13, 2008

Instant Messaging and Blogging

I had used various forms of instant messaging before Ask A Librarian. I have had ICQ (remember it?), AIM, and MSN. I have even had a few AIM handles. I will admit that I am very rarely on AIM nowadays.

Virtual Reference can be fun. I have learned quite a bit, and it is very easy to use. I have not used it as a customer yet.

My first try at blogging was back in early 2002. Back when Blogger did not even have the Comments capacity embedded. I had a simple blog- but I switched to LiveJournal after a few months because I wanted to be able to read all my friends' blogs easily. I recommend Blogger as a more formal blog for your workplace- very easy to access. I am even part of the Teen Blog team and have written a few articles. Most of them involve recommendations for the month, but I also write about anime conventions, pets, and current movies. Overall, I enjoy blogging- great way to keep people updated.

1 comment:

Xianai M. said...

Your blog is a great blog. Blogs are a great way to get good communications among coworkers. We can learn from each other. Great job, Heidi!